Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's Snowing!

It's snowing and it's beautiful. I'm very glad I don't have to go out today but I honestly thought we'd dodge this one since we live on the other side of the Appalachians and Blue Ridge mountains. Not so much, now. I have friends headed to Iowa today and they are gonna have a hard time slogging through Ohio, Illinois and Indiana!! (Be careful out there, Kathy!! And Mary, if you're reading this, I hope you two didn't head out yourselves on your trip!) This is the mother lode of snow this time. My DH took a picture out the garage door and it looks like we've got about 8 inches at 9:30am. It's still snowing and our "snow" man is saying we can expect snow through Monday. Woohoo!!

I made the mistake of heading to Walmart yesterday just to "pick up a few things". So did everyone else. And their brother. Bridgeport has a "Super Walmart" with 38 or 40 cashiers at the front of the store. I could count on one hand the registers NOT open!! Folks were 8 and 10 deep. A lot of folks would normally like this big snow, but not this weekend - not the last weekend before Christmas! Those poor retailers. Ouch!!

So, today I'm finishing up my holiday cards for my church families. I'm going with the assumption we'll make it to services tomorrow even though we live on a secondary road that won't get plowed right away. But if our "snow" man is right, we may not see a plowed road til Monday!!

Back to the cards....this time I did something a little different: I only did fronts, like a post card! I created the front just as if it were a folded card, stamped a sentiment on the back side, and signed under the sentiment. This way, I got 4 fronts from one sheet of cardstock. Here's the card. I'll stamp a Christmas image on the envelope and be ready to go. I hope you like it!

That's it for today, but I do want to thank all of you for reading my blog this past year. I'm looking forward to 2010 and all the adventures ahead of me and I'll take you with me through this blog! So, till next time, have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Much love to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the simple elegance of this card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, this is an OLD post but I am hoping you will still see this comment... What set is the sentiment stamp from? I love how you have accented Christ!

    ReplyDelete