Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Well, it's here. This is it. The SUPER BOWL, football's biggest attraction, the one game that just about everyone watches, no matter what team you rooted for. Now, I'm not a football "fan". I think I'm doing well to recognize the quarterback (he's the little guy with the ball I think), but I drive my husband crazy asking all kinds of questions when all he wants to do is watch the game. But I'll tell you, the commercials are a HOOT!! That's what I'm looking for! I don't care if you are for the Cards or the Steelers. I don't care if you got to attend the game or if you watched it on a 60-inch flatscreen that you paid for with your children's inheritance. I wanna be here to watch those crazy commercials that the companies pay a whopping one hundred grand a second to show on this mega epic football game. Of course, living in West Virginia, I do favor the Steelers. It's dangerous not to!!

Well, we are going to the evening service at our church, but Ernie has set the "thingy" to tape the first hour of the game. We should be home a little after 7pm, and you can bet, we'll be watching those commercials!! No fast forwarding through these babies tonight!! And I don't even have a clue as to which ones will be running. Who cares??! It'll be fun just to watch it.

As for the cards from yesterday, I know you're probably wondering where the pictures are that I promised you, but I haven't had a chance to scan them in and post them. I'll do my best to get to them on Monday.

But for now, enjoy the game and don't pork out! Watch the commercials and let me know what you thought of them. Who knows, they may not live up to our expectations and just bomb out. If that's the case, we'll head upstairs to our craft room and make cards!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I'm listening to the opening ceremonies of the Super Bowl as I type this message. Guess I should go "bug" Milt and watch the game with him.

    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! "Bug" him all you want!!! Glad to see you're home safely! Missed you guys.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete