Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Accordion Card - no music, please!

Today, I'm going to showcase a technique I learned - the Accordion Card. I know I've probably made these before with Kathy, My Stampin' Up! mentor, but I couldn't find the card - probably gave it away!! Anyhoo, I pulled the instructions from the Splitcoast Stampers Website. You can access those instructions by clicking here or you can click on the link to the right. The first picture is the front, tied with a coordinating bow. My DH is trying to teach me how to use my camera and his monopod to hold the camera steady but I think I need to learn how to use the camera first, don't you agree? I mean, the wall behind the card is cream, not green!! And the card is pink and white with strands of pretty spring green. Nothing like IRL to really see a card! Rats!

The second picture is the accordion card opened up to showcase the 4 inside panels. (You should be able to click on the picture for a full screen view.) I chose to make a birthday accordion card.You can use any feature, any stamp, any sticker, or you can make the card as involved as you want. I just think it's cool that I actually followed the instructions!! Heehee!! Now, it's your turn. As they say, "the proof is in the pudding"! You're not gonna know if you can do it unless you try!

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave comments! I really do read them!
Mel

2 comments:

  1. Mel,

    Photography problems? As you said, I see a challenge for your DH. I'm glad you posted the pictures anyhoo--I was looking forward to seeing them. This would make a nice card idea for my granddaughter's birthday. I'll copy the instructions for later. Thank you.

    Mare

    ReplyDelete