Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!

To all of you who stop by and visit, a big "thank you!" and a happy belated Valentine's day!! My DH took me out to Denny's yesterday, where we met our good friends Milt and Mary, and had a Valentine's Day Breakfast! We met them at 9am and by the time we had finished, the line was out the door! Either good timing or Denny's had a special we didn't know about! Ernie and I like their Grand Slams but we share one instead - we each get a good breakfast but we don't hog it out. Of course, we tip as if we had both eaten a Grand Slam and that's only fair, right?!

After breakfast, we parted our ways and headed to Walmart to fill the freezer. Ernie's been on a hunt for a good custard pie and has not been successful so far, having tried an oreo cream pie, an apple pie and a lemon custard pie. But this trip I think he hit the jackpot. Ernie bought a huge banana cream pie with real bananas and almonds on top of the whipped cream. Too much for me, but I believe he's lucked in this time! He's happy!

Since this is Valentine's Day, of course I made a card for my DH! I used SU's Real Red CS, Candy Lane DSP, the new heart punch, the Love You Much stamp set and a scalloped circle with the love birds. I want so much to learn how to use vellum attractively. There are so many good vellum books out with appropriate verses, sayings and drawings that can add pop to your cards. I think that's going to be a real challenge for me this spring.

Today's post is rather short but I'll make up for it over the coming days and weeks. Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs and smoochies!
Mel

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed our Valentine's Day breakfast with you yesterday.

    I really like your exclusive SU card. The colors are a real show stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! I hope you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete