Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elegant Notes

Today's post is a mistake. Not the picture, but what happened while I was making it. This is an ATC, one of 15 I made for a swap at a forum I belong to at cardmakermagazine.com. I spent a good part of one day making them after I got my sketch in my mind. Sooo, I have them in my envie, I've got a stamped and self-addressed envie inside for my return ATCs, and I'm looking at the paper for the address to send these and LO AND BEHOLD!!! Butterflies! Bees! Dragonflies! Birds! Nope. Nope. Nope and Nope. Arrrggghhh. NOT on my ATCs. Man! I've gotta start reading ALL the instructions! Well, I'm ahead of the next ATC swap! I just hope it doesn't have a "theme".

These little ATCs (or Artists Trading Cards) are just 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches high, pretty much the size of a standard playing card. And that's how they got started. They don't open up, there's usually not a verse on them and they are some of the prettiest works you will see (unless you get to go to the Louvre!). Most people will go all out decorating these little cards with all kinds of designer papers, ephemera, glitter, glue, you name it, it's on there! They can get a little heavy, I'm sure.

But the ones I made are a little on the serene side. I used mostly Stampin' Up's products - whisper white cardstock for the base, Bella Bleu for the DSP, Elegant Notes for the Stamped musical clef note, black brads from ACM, and beautiful black MirriCard for the large oval. (I actually broke out my gorgeous MirriCard stash!!) The pearls were on a roll I purchased from Walmart waaay back when they used to carry fabric and other notions by the roll. I like them for a first try at ATCs. Maybe next time I'll be a little more adventurous - wait! I still have to make those darn ATCs with BIRDS! BEES! DRAGONFLIES! or BUTTERFLIES! Guess that's today's project after all!!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

3 comments:

  1. Your ATC's are beautiful. I'm sure you can use it next time, just start an ATC swap yourself and you'll already have your done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel,

    Great blog.

    I like your ATCs. I have the same trouble keeping everything straight even tho I keep a calender.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. I hope you get to trade it soon.

    ReplyDelete