Monday, January 11, 2010

Best Wishes for 2010

It's still cold but I'm not the only one! We had a minus 3 (F) when we awoke at 7 am today. Florida is set to lose nearly two/thirds of their citrus crop - statements were made on Fox and Friends this morning that the citrus crop would only be good for orange juice and not eating the fruit. Apparently the fruit is filled with ice. Fortunately, the trees weren't seriously harmed and will be good to go for next season. But the warming should start today. I saw Miami will be in the 50s today!

Today's card is an anniversary card for several friends and family who have an anniversary in January. I'm almost POSITIVE none of them read my blog so I think I'm okay with this. If not, then I won't post this kind of card again til after they are mailed. (I'll share the recipe after the picture.)There is something seriously wrong with the picture, but I don't know how to fix the problem. When I look at the scanned picture, all the elements stand out in sharp relief. But the bottom of the card reads "Best Wishes" from the Sincere Salutations stamp set (retired). The inside (which I didn't post), simply reads "May happiness be yours today and always" and is also from the Sincere Salutations Stamp set. This card was easy-peasy to put together. Coming up with a card layout is always hardest for me so I'm very grateful to see so many good quality photos in magazines and online services. I just learned a lesson - when I CASE'd this card (which I'm sure I did), I forgot to write down the person who created the layout. I apologise. So, without further ado, here's the recipe.
UPDATE: My DH stopped by and helped me out - he said if you have fast internet you should be able to see the picture really clear. We clicked on the photo and it shows all the elements in clear relief. That's a relief to me. YES!
______________________________________
Card layout: CASE'd from a magazine (??)
Card Stock: Real Red and Basic Black
DSP: Washington Apple (2008/09 IB&C, ret)
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Stamps: Vintage Labels (Occasions 2010), Sincere Salutations (2008/09 IB&C, ret)
Punch: Round Scallop
Measurements: Black Strip, 2"x5.5", DSP Strip, 1.75"x5.5"
Other accessories: Dimensionals, Snail, Clear Stamp block

If you have any questions, email me! I've also added a link on the side today so you can share my blog (if you wish) with your friends on Google Friends, Facebook, and Twitter.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. yep. it looks good to me. LOVE the red and black. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo looks clear and I love the layout. Hope it warms up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete