Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's over.....all over....

It's over. Vacation Bible School ended last night with a huge bang and carnival out behind the church. We had a really good week - lots of excited kids, loud screaming, skits, crafts, and of course Bible verses!! Our attendance every night was over a hundred - that does include the workers, though. I also hear that we were up by nearly 25 from last years' VBS tally! Yaay!! I worked with Debbie in crafts for 4 nights (lots of fun and huge messes!!) and then helped clean the church after all was over. I left at 9:45pm and the cleaning team was still going at it, vacuuming the sanctuary and cleaning the kitchen. For an event that lasts only a week, it generated a ton of trash!!!

Kudos to the kitchen team - not only did they prepare snacks for all the kids, they fed the workers every night!! Since almost all the workers had at least a 15 minute break sometime during the evening, they could pop into the kitchen and get fed a hot meal! Delish, ladies!!! And Thanks so much for your hard work!

My husband took pictures on Thursday night because one of the "official" picture takers was not going to be there. I haven't seen a single snapshot of any pictures taken during the week - that's okay. I'm sure there will be a photo show one Sunday night just to let the other folks know what happened that week.

In other news.....
Remember that the current issue of Stampin' Up's Idea Book and Catalog will retire come June 30th. If you have anything on your wish list that you think may be gone come July 1, now's the time to order it. Email me or call me, or just click on my SU link on the right and place your order! Also, if you haven't received a NEW(!) catalog, please email me or call me and I'll pop one in the mail for you pronto!

Tip of the day:
There's a really neat website that helps you put your SU colors together, both in paper and in ink. It's been on several SU bloggers' websites so I am enclosing it here for you to try. Not only does the list include the newest In Colors, it kept all the old In Color combos so if you still have a stash of old In Color card stock, you can use this to make new combos!! Have fun!

SU Color Combo

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment