Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh, boy. Rocks in the road.

This hasn't been a "good" day. I had a dental appointment but on the way there, I hit a rock and blew a tire. (What a bang!!) I hobbled over to the side of the road and called my husband (he's my hero!). Once he got there, he put the spare on and we drove to the nearest gas station where he put more air in the spare and tried to see if there was a hole in the tire I blew. He thinks when the rock hit the rim it pushed the tire away from the rim and let all the air out. (Remember the bang? The tire went down that fast!) While he was changing the tires, I called the insurance company to see if we had any road hazard insurance. She told us that with our 250 dollar deductible, and no damage to the car, there really wasn't any road hazard insurance available for this. Ernie said if it's over 250 dollars we were going to file a claim.

Anyway, we drove both vehicles to the Honda dealer nearby and they sold us a new tire for 100 dollars plus 28 dollars for mounting and labor. There apparently were several holes in the side of the tire, but fortunately I had not bent the rim.

Fortunately, when I first called Ernie about the mishap, he called the dentist to report I would be very, very late. They were most understanding and when I finally got over there, they rescheduled. I like my dentist!! Yoohoo, Doctor Moore!!!

Okay. So far this morning, I haven't gotten nearly anything done that was on my list except to start on the 60 brownies for tomorrow night's AWANA at church. And don't get me started on dropping THOSE babies in the garage!!! I learned my lesson with the cupcakes!! HA!!

Well, I do have something to show you. See the new blinkie on the side? Yep, we're gearing up for our second Online Card Crop over at Cardmaker Magazine and you're invited. Just click on the blinkie and it will take you to where the information is. But be forewarned! Once you get there, you may never leave!! There's so much going on and you'll want to get it all!!! Mark your calendar for April 23-25, 2009. There will be challenges, games and prizes before it's all over. Just one more note. If you're not registered, you can't play. But since registration is free, why not join us? It only takes a couple of minutes to register and it IS free! Hope to see you at the Crop!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

(EDITORS NOTE: A very kind viewer alerted me that the blinkie wasn't taking you to where you wanted to go which is the Cardmaker forum site. She showed me how to correct it and I do apologise for the mixup!! Thanks, dear!!)

3 comments:

  1. wow... glad you didn't get hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all things considered, everything worked out great. I want a brownie! One day I will make it over to your side of the world. In the meantime, I continue to enjoy your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the back roads without cell service or roadside shoulders, I'm glad you're OK.

    Double wow!

    ReplyDelete